I'd like to present to you my evolving project. It is a ZSU-57-2 SPAAG by TAKOM. The model is based on this photo of a vehicle operating during the war in Bosnia in the 90s.
You can find the complete SBS to this model on my website:
Here I will present a shortened version of the process.
Here comes the construction:
I started with the fenders, thinning them down and reworking the hinges on both sides.
I built the hinges with a help of ABER device:
Then I started to build the main hull. The fit of TAKOM's model is really good. I didn't have any problems. All the PE part come from the kit itself. I only scratchbuilt some wires near the rear fenders.
The vehicle I've chosen as a reference is a heavily customized unit. So there was a lot of scratchbuilding ahead of me. Here's a rear turret structure I constructed from styrene sheet.
Then I started to work on the superstructure which is a much more complicated piece. Once again I used styrene parts to construct the basic shape.
The rubber on the superstructure I recreated from a genuine magnetic rubber used for example for the fridge magnets.
The test fit of the superstructure. A lot of work to do yet.
It's time to add some details. The hatches are from the same styrene sheet. I also made handles from wire and hinges from some random PE parts.
Here's the rear structure already glued to the turret.
Ufff! That's it for now. I will continue this thread soon, but for more detailed SBS visit my website: