As requested by Mr Ford I will give a brief description of how I use each of the tools in the picture above.
1. No.2 size knife – This is for cutting items off the frets and trimming small bits of brass left over from when they are removed.
2. The small and large PE bending jigs are very handy. The small one is called the bug and came from the small shop as did the larger one. These are not 100% necessary but just having The Bug can make bending parts much easier.
3. Razor blade – Came with the Bug and is used with the Bug for bending parts. Slide it under the part to be bent after clamping it in the bug and bending without distorting is pretty easy.
4. Needle file – used for cleaning up the parts after they are removed from the fret. Makes it simple to remove excess brass on attachment points etc.
5. Black Perspex – Gets used whenever I cut off pieces from frets. Makes sure you don’t damage your knife blade or surface you are cutting on. Available in larger sheets as well for bigger parts.
6. Blue Handled Pliers – These pliers have narrow jaws and I use them to bend stuff when there isn’t much room when putting second and third bends into parts. Also used when bending without the two jigs.
7. Tweezers – used with every build for either bending pieces or placing pieces.
If you are bending or cutting large PE parts or parts with large attachment points (eg GLS HMCS Snowberry PE sets you will want to use either metal cut off wheels or larger PE scissors to remove the parts. Sorry I forgot a photo of the scissors but will try and remember to take a picture of them tonight.
And here is the picture as promised..
And I got all 4 magazines finished this afternoon..
And as usual I didn't work out the best way to do it until about half way through making them.
That’s it for now.