I purchased the following:
AK Sand Yellow Deposits
Middle East Dust
North African Dust
I started weathering the tracks of an OIF Abrams and encounters a couple of issues.
1. I don't know if the color of Europe Earth is off, but it is very similar to North Africa Dust. They both have a pinkish sand appearance. I purchased the Europe Earth so I could give some contrast between pigments.
2. I used the sand yellow deposits as a fixer and ended up with a combination of the three pigments mentioned above and ended with an orange finish to the tracks. I also thought the sand yellow deposit was a bit too yellow and a bit too dark.
I'd like the pigments and deposits to be a little lighter - more buff - light brown appearance.I'd also like to have a darker color as a highlight. I was thinking about the following. I'd also like not to duplicate what I already have.
1. Deposits - Mig Ammo light dust effects. It seems lighter than the sand yellow and bit more brown.
2. Pigments - I can't decide between Mig Ammo's air field dust and sand. They both look the same on their site.
I was thinking about sprinkling some dark earth for depth and contrast.
Another option I was thinking about is desert dust by Vallejo. It seems to have a grayish appearance but the color swatch indicate that its a very light yellow.
I'd like to cut down the order to what I need for the effect I want. I likely am looking at the following:
1. Mig Ammo light dust effects
2. Mig Ammo sand or air field dust - lighter of the two would be better
3. Dark Earth or another pigment color that is darker than desert sand
4. Vallejo desert dust - do I really need it?
Any advice would be appreciated.