Okay, where am I at?
Underside has missing details added - The body part where the fenders are bolted on has nuts, bolts on the diff bash plates and I replaced the undersized rivets on the front panel, which were incorrectly evenly spaced and the hole was missing and also on the side of the housing where IBG give you 6 undersized ones, in lieu of the larger 5.
I am not a 'hold it up to scale plans and measure' guy - unless I am scratch building - but there are very notable dimension errors in this kit. IBG gives you:
- The engine hatches that fit right up to the bottom of the 'windscreen' where they actually fit up to a band fixed to the firewall on the real Otter. That is the grey stripe seen in this pic.
- The gunner's window hatch which is too tall and sits flush with the bottom of the gun opening. The opening has been shortened in height by adding styrene strip into the frame and the hatch was cut down to suit.
- The side door openings and doors are too long. IBG would have them fitting up to the joint in plates, when there is a small section of the upper plate over the join. Just visible here is the added styrene to fill the lower part of the opening. Again the doors had to be shortened to match.
You will also note the grenade launcher has been replaced. The kit has a truncated cone, not a cylinder. It is also seen in this pic.
I have replaced the rivets along the side and rear in the correct locations and added the bolt heads for the fenders, as well as the weld seams from stretched sprue. This is in progress at the moment. Staples also added to the stowage boxes.
Then I have added all the lever mechanism and springs for the hatches, added clasp fittings to the engine/transmission access panel, etc
....and the same for the rear although this will barely be seen with the roof on and turret basket in the way.
The side panels also have fittings added for the Mk3 rifles, Bren spare barrel, plus the rack fittings for the Bren and Boys rifles, all of which are not included or are just blobs for the items to rest on. You can also just see the thinned aerial mounts where styrene strip has been added where the metal was bent around, not a solid thick piece of armour that the kit finish looks like.