Like the Bumerang kit, I started with the turret in the T-14 kit. The turret is covered in step 9, 10, and 11 of the instruction book. Like Mark said, the plastic reminds me of a Revell German kit with the green color plastic and very brittle.
*****NOTE******* DON NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT REMOVE THE SHADED AREAS ON PART E1 IN STEP 9. THERE IS NO NEED TO DO SO.
As you can see here, I did cut the shaded areas and in step 11 where you have to attach the top of the turret (part B6), it came to my attention that cutting was not needed. I was lucky to make the cuts clean enough to where i didn't need to much glue and putty to fix.
The main gun barrel had problems. To begin with, part E7 was not keyed to part D56 and D57. The hole was also to small. Sanding and carving away plastic is needed to get the barrel to fit.
And even with all that I carved and sanded, the barrel was still a very tight fit as you can see with the dis-colorization of the plastic.
The turret basket frame in my sample kit was broken. Luckily the photo etch mesh was very soft and easy to bend. So I started gluing it to the basket frame a section at a time. Can't even tell it was broken.
The gunners sight area of the turret was another issue. Part D40 is the piece that closes the area around the gunners sight along with the lower turret, E1 and upper turret, B6. Big gaps could be seen and pieces of Evergreen stock and lots of putty kind of fixed the issue.
And the issues keep piling up! The photo etch coverings on the Afghanit Active Protective System seem to be to big. Looking at the picture of the real thing, the covers are squared and not curved like on my kit.
Part E9 and photo etch part PE-10 proved to be difficult. Again, it seemed that the photo etch was a tad to big or not shaped properly. I t glued just fine during step 9, but when it came to step 11 and attaching the top turret, part B6, there was an issue with fit. I had to remove part E9 and cut off the locating pins and "forced" the part back on to shape the photo etch properly.
In step 9, it is labeled next to part A33 "optional." It was unclear to what that meant, leave off or another part to replace it with. Well after fighting with attaching B6 to E1, it came to me that "option" meant "leave off." Part A33 along with part D50, D43, D44, and D51 are not seen, so there fore not needed.
In step 10, E5 is marked wrong and should be E3. In step 11, part E10 should be part C24.
Photo etch part PE-2 and PE-9 don't square off real good, so soldering will be needed to get a good shape.
In step 11, when gluing Part C24 to D34, there is no key to align parts. Glue part D34 down first to upper turret, then after putting together the rest of the 7.62 machine gun, you can glue C24 to align the gun in any direction you want.
This T-14 kit has started out with issues, but unlike Mark, I can't just box it away till another day since it is a review sample from Armorama. Next is the hull, so lets see what that brings.