A little more work, a near disaster, and closer to done!
I decided to get the steering wheel on there, so I needed to take a look at the etch parts... Hmmm... where did I put those? Well after a bit of treasure hunting (and good discoveries lost in the stash) I finally found the tin I had put them in! Sadly the etch is a flat and overly wide four spoke piece... that's no good. I tried thinning the kit wheel, but that just wasn't cutting it either. I ended up using the kit ring, some brass rod (.016), and the photo etch hub. I used a couple drops of epoxy to give the hub some shape.
Here it is before painting...
The installation though, pshew, that was a near disaster! I ended up with super glue on the dash, and goobered up on the steering shaft.... Noooooo! I was able to scrape it off, with the paint of course. Repainting the steering wheel, not so bad. Repainting the dash, very scary! I didn't want to brush it in. So I turned the pressure way down and sprayed it (while holding my breath!).
I'm glad that worked out!
I went ahead and mounted the fuel cans and straps on the fender.
And that is pretty much it for now!