More work, more pictures, more stuff... good stuff I hope!
I left off staring at that notek mount and sure enough I didn't like it. So I angled it forward and shortened it up a bit...
I pulled the first casts out of the new molds too, not too shabby, the water can handles need some help. I think a little more attention to them when I'm pouring and they should be just fine.
Too much staring at the wiring harness, so I had to pull the end apart and add a little bit of metal where the hood tie downs mount and the harness runs through.
Next I did some head light working, I was wanting to make the cloth covers but I couldn't get them to look right, so I scrapped that part of the project.
My next great idea was building the can holders for the fenders. I made a form (after I failed at freehanding them)
I used the heavy foil to make the angle iron frame.
Fabbed up some mounts and mounted them.
That sounded like it went quick, but man it didn't go quick at all. There were quite a few not good enoughs, and a couple flat out fails! But eventually...
Then I made the push bar, the first version was too short, so I added a little length to the uprights and it's looking good.
Now, I was going to get some paint on the engine compartment, but it was getting late and I was getting tired, so I decided not to push it. Instead I thought it would be a great time to test fit all the pieces parts together and get a couple of shots. So, here they are!
Pshew, break time again. I hope ya enjoy the progress, thanks for lookin' in!