have reprinted one of their earliest sets of 1:48 decals which has been unavailable for some time, redesigning the sheet to squeeze in extra markings.
The colour schemes now offered are:
1. Shenyang J-6 "4126" of 26 Sqn., Pakistan Air Force
2. Shenyang J-6 of the Egyptian Air Force, 1983
3. Shenyang J-6 "10434" of the Pakistan Air Force, bearing both Pakistani and Chinese markings for its retirement ceremony
4. MiG-19S "47" of the Moscow Military District aerobatic display team in the late 1950s and early Ď60s
5. Shenyang J-6 "4-49" of the Albanian Air Force
6. Shenyang J-6 "6066", 925th Fighter Regiment, Vietnamese Peoplesí Air Force, 1972
7. Shenyang J-6 "20708" of the Chinese PLAAF
The decals are beautiful quality, being very thin and glossy, with precise registration and minimal excess carrier film around most items. Where carrier film is used to group items such as numbers together, it is crystal clear and so thin it should disappear with correct application.
Sheet #48005 is available now from hobby shops, or direct from Iliad Design
- Price: $12.00
decision to reprint their MiG-19/Shenyang J-6 markings should be warmly welcomed by anyone building this classic Cold War fighter in 1:48 - all the more so now that the sheet includes additional colour schemes.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AEROSCALE