José A. Azorín, the Owner of the Publishing House,Xtreme Modelling, has just mailed me with details of a competion which they are running jointly with Vallejo Acrylics
, the well-known Spanish manufacturer of modeling products, in collaboration with the military modeling magazine, Xtreme Modeling
, intend to sponsor a modeling contest for three purposes:
1) To promote the different Vallejo Acrylics product ranges used in modeling:
- Model Air
- Model Color
- Panzer Aces
- Additional Products
2) To study the suggestions made by the contestants about new colors or products they consider suitable for modelers.
3) To use the constructive criticism that the modelers provide on the forums during the contest to improve their products as much as possible.
Modelers who wish to take part in this contest will present their models in this Build Group showing their techniques in building and painting. In addition, they will be required to write a complete article with photographs describing the building and painting processes with a maximum of 15,000 characters and 75 pictures. Some of the Vallejo products must be used in the project. Themes:
You can build a stand alone military vehicle, or included in a scene such as a vignette or diorama, in any scale, from World War I to present day.
Modelers can participate in two categories: MASTER
: for modelers who have had their modeling work or articles published. OPEN
: for any modeler. Prizes:
There are three prizes, and three consolation prizes in both categories.
1st prize – 400.00€
2nd prize – 250.00€
3rd prize – 150.00€
Consolation prizes: six batches of Vallejo products valued at 50.00€ each. Choosing the winners
All contestants will vote on their 10 favorite works, using a scale from 10 points to 1 point. A team organized by the organization will then total the points for the 10 best ranked articles considering:
a) The wide use of Vallejo products.
- using 2 products of different range (Model Air, Model Color, Panzer Aces, Pigments, Auxiliary Products) will increase the score of the popular vote by 10%
- using 3 products of different range (Model Air, Model Color, Panzer Aces, Pigments, Auxiliary Products) will increase the score of the popular vote by 20%
- using 4 or more products of different range (Model Air, Model Color, Panzer Aces, Pigments, Auxiliary Products) will increase the score of the popular vote by 30%
b) The length of the article:
- 8-10 pages will increase the score by 10%
- 11-12 pages will increase the score by 20%
- More than 12 pages will increase the score by 30%
c) The graphic quality of the photographs considering Resolution, Focus, and Framing of the pictures. Photographs
Resolution: the minimum resolution is 3 megapixels at 300 ppi, although the minimum resolution advised for the organization is 5 megapixels.
Photographs need to be high quality and in “jpg” or “tiff” format. Deadline
The deadline is July 31st, 2010. This deadline will be able to be extended until August 31st if the organization considers it needed. Copyright
Contestants will give copyright permission for the publishing of the articles to Xtreme Modelling until the 1st of August, 2011, and then they can publish their works in other publications.
Xtreme Modelling will publish a book with all the winning works and a gallery of all the models.
The organization accepts all responsibility to resolve all doubts and reserves the right to change some of the conditions or rules without detriment to all contestants. All rule changes will be communicated to the contestants via the group build.
Contestants must agree to these rules and the decisions made by the organization.
These Rules can also be seen:HERE (LINK)