Thursday, September 25, 2008 - 08:38 PM UTC
After performing Pegaso Painting Competition; Historicus Forma has the great pleasure in announcing a new collaboration with another Italian giant of miniatures, Romeo Models. This takes place in the form of a two and a half month long miniature painting contest: “Romeo Painting Competition 2008”.
The initiative is an open competition, in which the painting subjects will be figures from the fantastic Romeo Models range. The competition will run for a period of 2 and 1/2 months from 15 October to 31 December 2008.
Prizes for the first 3 places will be generously donated by Romeo Models, and will be awarded as follows:
1. First place will be awarded a 90mm non-mounted miniature (i.e. foot figure) from the Romeo range of the winner’s choice.
2. Second place will be awarded a 75mm non-mounted miniature (i.e. foot figure) from the Romeo range of the second place winner’s choice.
3. Third place will be awarded a 54mm non-mounted miniature (i.e. foot figure) from the Romeo range of the third place winner’s choice.
In the spirit of the competition, there are a few simple rules:
What may be entered?
1. Only Romeo Model miniatures are permitted.
2. All themes and scales, and mounted and non-mounted figures (including busts) are permitted.
3. While this is a painting contest, minor figure conversions and modifications will be permitted provided it is clear to even the idlest observer that the base figure is that of Romeo Models.
4. Multiple figure dioramas and vignettes are permitted; provided that all the figures are manufactured by Romeo Models.
5. Groundwork, bases and presentation styles are permitted. Structures, animals, equipment, etc are permitted. Please note that while full vehicles are not permitted, “wedgies” (portions, or “cut-aways”, of vehicles) will be permitted.
6. Entries are to be prepared explicitly for this competition, and may not be entered into any other Kitmaker competitions (e.g. model/figure of the month) or campaigns.
7. Only miniatures started and finished between 15 October and 31 December 2008 will be eligible.
How to enter?
1. Entrants are required to sign up to the contest on a specially created “Romeo Painting Competition 2008” contest page. This will be prepared and announced very soon.
2. Entrants are required to post progress and completed photographs of their models in the Historicus Forma discussion forums.
3. Entrants are required to upload two (2) to four (4) photographs (composite photographs permitted) of the completed entry into a specially created “Romeo Painting Competition 2008” gallery on the Kitmaker Network. A link to the gallery will be posted shortly.
Who may enter?
1. The contest is only open to KitMaker members with a minimum of 50 KitMaker forum posts by the closing of the submission period.
2. Entries per proxy will not be permitted.
3. In the spirit of the competition, while Kitmaker Network and Romeo Models staff (including freelance sculptors and painters whom have worked for Romeo) may enter the competition, they are not eligible for prizes.
When does this take place?
1. The competition will run for a period of 2,5 months from 15 October to 31 December 2008.
2. No time extensions will be granted. The deadline will be adhered to as both the sponsor and site has other commitments for the remainder of the year.
How and when does judging take place?
1. Judging will be done in the same manner as the FOTM contest – by members of the Kitmaker Network.
2. Voting will take place from 1 – 15 January 2009. Once voting has closed, the votes will be counted by HFM Staff and the winners announced.
Is there anything else we should know?
1. On-Display features will be done of the winning entries, thus earning a permanent spot on HFM.
2. HFM staff will address any questions or misunderstandings arising from the rules as soon as possible.
3. Most importantly: Have fun!
So, there you have it. The rest is up to you, so get out there, pick a figure from the marvellous range of Romeo Models miniatures, and get ready for the “Romeo Painting Competition 2008”
On a personal note, a very special thanks for Costas and Lorenzo for arranging this exciting competition!
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 9,152 TIMES.