DER MASS:STAB Issue 3/June 2016 is available and full of cool model articles.
DER MASS:STAB Issue 3/June 2016
flagship magazine. The large format of glossy pages has a typical format, beginning with an editorial, Herpa Club news, and an interview with long-time Herpa designer Matthias Wolf. Next, come several articles.
Title Story: Volvo History
, featuring a custom painted semitruck of Trio-Trans. Many photos show the interior, exterior, and in-progress shots of painting the rolling gallery. Herpa also offers a 1/87 model of it, Item 305938.
News: New for July/August 2016
. Dozens of forthcoming Herpa models are introduced: cars; pickups; firetrucks and rescue vehicles; government vehicles; construction types; semis an rigid commercial trucks; construction heavy equipment.
Diorama: The Old Firewatch Tower
. A compact diorama celebrating an old fire station, with figures, structure, and vehicle.
1. Munich Kraxler. Modeler Thomas Rutzenhofer's demonstrates braille scale cutting and filling to detail a conversion of a BMW X6.
2. Lights in a Truck. Modeler Torsten Schubert presents his efforts of installing dozens of individual lights in the detailed interior and exterior of his customized 1/87 show truck Motorrad-Schild (Ghost Rider). Detailed photos and text fill five pages.
3. New for Water Training. Converted models create this HO diorama of a firefighter training center, by modeler Bernd Franta.
4. Heavy Lading!. Herpa's pride, the huge model Liebherr Kran LR 1600/2, in a massive display case. Modeler Hartmut van Juchems shows how he assembled and animated the multi-component heavy-lift crane.
5. Warehouse Loading Ramp. Building a laser-cut loading dock for a large diorama, by Peter Schmaring.
1. The Military Goes Civil. An article about the Bundeswehr transporting military equipment in and on civilian aircraft and trucks.
2. Hot Rod. Walkaround of a high-powered Scania semitruck custom-painted with pin-up girls. Photos reveal the exterior and cab of the rig.
3. Box Tops By Herpa. Auto racing's Metz Rallye Classic pits vintage cars in the famous race and Herpa sponsors a VW Beetle. The article also promotes Herpa's Borgward Isabella Limousine.
The magazine continues with pages of model company catalogues, new book releases, and the section New In Hand
, previewing new models available from other European vehicle makers.
Finally, a sneak-peek at the August issue features:
1. RC controls
2. The old French model maker Beuzen & Sordet
3. Red Bull Racing Team in 1/87
4. Heavy trucks in a garage diorama
DMS is a neat magazine and I enjoy the six copies released each year.