Have you ever gone to a show and while there sat behind your table wanted to do some airbrush painting? Or been at a show with your trusty compressor only to find that there is no power? Well Iwata have a solution hitting the market, the Freestyle Air System.
The Airbrush Company
has sent the KitMaker Network news of this new compressor, a compressor system that looks as if it will be equally at home or at a show. The compressor can be powered by a separate battery pack or the mains; the battery pack is separate and so there are also extra battery packs available if required. There are a few other additional parts, all of which are available from The Airbrush Company
The following is the information from The Airbrush Company
website on this new product.The Iwata Freestyle Air Compressor is sleek, simple and smart. Its unique curved design fits right in your hand. It has a 3 speed adjustment which cleverly lights up indicating the pressure settings (Low pressure/Red Light, Medium pressure/Yellow Light, High pressure/Green Light), with the most power in its class it powers all gravity-feed airbrushes.
The compressor includes an AC power adapter with international plugs, making it perfect for domestic and international use/travel. It works as a plug in unit without the battery but the battery can be charged either on or off the unit. The machine can be used upright or laid flat and includes a non-skid, anti-vibration base.
The fact that this is battery powered makes this compressor the ultimate necessity no matter where you are traveling. With Iwata you’re going places!
The Iwata Freestyle Air Compressor works best with Iwata gravity-feed airbrushes such as:
- Iwata Hi-Line CH
- Iwata High Performance C Plus
- Iwata Eclipse CS
- Iwata Revolution CR
- Neo for Iwata CN
- Works with other airbrush brands
The Iwata Freestyle Air Compressor features:
Unique curved design fits right in your hand
- 3-Speed adjustment with the most power in its class
- Powers all gravity-feed airbrushes
- Use upright or lay flat
- Rubber feet
- Includes a vibration dampening pad
- Includes a dual position airbrush holder
- Includes a 5ft (1.5m) lightweight air hose
- Includes an AC power adapter with international plugs (100-240V~50/60Hz)
- Includes a rechargeable NiMH battery
- Includes a anti-vibration base
- Size: 4.2 x 6.6 x 2.2 in (106 x 167 x 57 mm)
- Portable Weight: 1.7lbs (766g)
Duty cycle: 45 mins (5 x 9 mins) continuous use. Please allow the motor to rest for at least 20 minutes after each cycle of continuous use. This compressor will automatically shut-off after 9 minutes of continuous use to remove the risk of accidentally leaving it turned on due to its quiet motor. 9 minutes is not the duty cycle and it may be turned on for 9 minutes for 45 minutes continuous use, before having to allow a cool down period.
See diagram opposite:
1. Dual position airbrush holder for use upright or flat
2. On/off rolling switch with 3 speed adjustment
3. AC power adapter with international plugs (100-240V~50/60Hz)
4. Detachable, rechargeable NiMH battery (45 minutes at 10 psi)
5. Non-skid, anti-vibration base
6. 5ft (1.5 m) lightweight air hose
Deciding which pressure setting to use will depend upon the combinations of application, viscosity of liquid medium being sprayed and the model of airbrush. Test all 3 speeds to determine which will work best for your spray session.
Here are the prices of the various additional parts available from The Airbrush Company
, the first price listed is with no VAT for those who may be tempted from areas outside of the EU:
C-IW-FS-1000 - Iwata Freestyle Air Compressor - £204.17 - £245.00
C-IW-FS-ADAPTER - Freestyle Air AC Adapter International Plugs - £25.00 - £30.00
C-IW-FS-AH - Freestyle Air Dual Position Airbrush Holder - £10.00 - £12.00
C-IW-FS-BATTERY - Freestyle Air Rechargeable NiMH Battery - £82.50 - £99.00
C-IW-FS-HOSE - Freestyle Air 5ft. Lightweight Air Hose - £10.00 - £12.00