In 1945 the Korean peninsula was divided at the 38th parallel and two seperate countries (South and North) were established, one democratic and one communist. After the invasion of the Republic of Korea (ROK) by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on 25th June 1950, UN forces from nations all over the world were drawn into the conflict but pushed back to the Pusan perimeter. The Invasion at Inchon, commanded by Generel McArthur, effectively ended the stalemate and by December 1950 UN and ROK froces had reached the nothern border of the DPRK. China's entry into the war in December 1950 changed the situation yet again and UN and ROK forces were forced to withdraw back south of the 38th parallel. While politicians and diplomats tried to find peace, hundreds of thousands died in battles reminiscent of WWI over a few yards of territory. On 27th July 1953 a cease fire came into effect that is still valid today with no peace treaty ever signed. The war is often referred to as the Forgotten War.
This Campaign is to honor those who fought in the Korean War.
The Rules and Regs
- This should be a Kitmaker Network wide Campaign, in particular for Armorama, Aeroscale, MSW and HFM.
- Any model of ships, aircraft, ground forces or persons who served in the Korean War in the period between June 1950 and July 1953.
- Model must be started on or after the start date of the campaign. A picture of the unstarted model must be posted in the forum.
- At least one in-progress picture must be posted in the campaign thread.
- Post one photo of your finished build in the campaign gallery to receive the ribbon.
- Multiple entries are encouraged but only one ribbon will be awarded per participant.
- Enjoy the build and let us all see your techniques and progress!
A fine ribbon will be added to the profile page of all who finish this campaign.